Monday, January 13, 2020

I'm Back!!

I am back!  I have been thinking about this blog for awhile, yet I never found time to post! I am on Instagram mostly these days, and the blog has taken a back seat to being a wife, mother, and spinner of lots of dog hair! As a matter of fact, I was interviewed for a New York Times piece on spinning deceased pet's hair into yarn.  The interviewer linked my name to this blog!  So, since it has been 3 years since I have posted, I decided I had better get to it, so here I am!
In the last 3 years, I have......hmmm.  I know I have done something, because I sure am busy.  Am I busy doing nothing?  Or something(s_) that are of no interest to anyone but me and maybe not even me? I have been homeschooling which keeps one busy.  I have been to the beach this past summer, which affected me deeply.  I miss the beach.  Would I want to live there?  Probably not, but it sure is nice to visit!  We went to Isle of Palms, off the coast of Charleston and had a blast.  I have also  been knitting socks and a shawl, some cowls, mittens and gifted most of them.  And, I have been spinning lots of dog hair and some cat hair.  This part of my business has really exploded in the last year.  I do enjoy it very much, but I miss being creative in my dyeing and spinning yarns.  I miss the bright colors I would create and how the yarn would spin up totally different than I thought it would.  It was always a surprise!  But spinning the pet hair does bring me a sense of satisfaction, especially when I am spinning a pet's fur who has traveled over the rainbow bridge.  I like being able to create something for the owner left behind.  Right now, I am spinning Pyrenees fur and am knitting on one more hat to go with the Husky hats below.
  


hats from Husky fur


Husky Yarn

I also have a Yuletide sock in progress, which is a pattern by Kay Jones of Bakery Bears fame!  I am using the minis my daughter received in an Advent Swap.  It is so fun to see the sock take shape and the beautiful material the minis are making.

I promise to be a better blogger.  For more frequent updates, please see my Instagram account linked above.
Take care,
Kim





No comments:

Post a Comment