Sunday, January 19, 2020

Looking Forward to an Organized Life - Time-Wise Anyway

Today in the New York Times, I am mentioned and quoted in an article about spinning your pet's hair after they have crossed over the rainbow bridge.  https://www.instagram.com/p/B7hJZsOpq-0/
I am honored to have been included.  It is a way for me to help people cope with the loss of a beloved pet and create something they can have for a long time.


On another note, it is getting really cold!  I love winter, especially if it snows. It is time for sweaters, hot cocoa, and soups.  However, in Crossville, we don't get much snow.  When it does, it is certainly celebrated!  By me, anyway!  If there is a threat of snow, all of the bread and milk is quickly snatched up at the grocery.  I often wonder why that is.  I remember growing up, going to the grocery and all of the bread and milk being gone when it snowed.  Maybe people yearn to make bread pudding!  lol  Anyway, it still holds true today.  Is this a Southern thing?



I am working on making a schedule for spinning pet hair.  It is hard to treat it like a job, when I love to do it.  However, one can become burnt out.  Sometimes I really crave dyeing some wool, spinning it, and then knit something.  But, when I have 7 pounds of hair to spin with more hair coming, I feel like I can't spin anything else.  If I looked at it like a job, then I would only work certain hours and then I would be off for the day.  Then I can spin, knit, dye with no guilt!  It is tough to work from home.  I have a fabulous studio out back, but it is not insulated, so it takes a lot to heat it in the winter.  I generally move all of my spinning to the living room.  So, family life goes on all around me.  I see laundry to fold, dishes to wash, floors to sweep, etc. and I feel like I should be cleaning and being a good keeper of my home.  Today, it hit me!  Set a work schedule, then I can have time to clean, play and do the fun, fibery things I love to do.  Don't get me wrong.  I LOVE what I do.  I thank God that I can make money doing something I love doing.  I am grateful that I can work in the comfort of my home.  I just need to be more organized.  So, my son came up with an excellent schedule for me.  I had one set up and he reminded me of my nap time.  lol  I nap for about 15-20 minutes at 2.  Not everyday, but nearly.  I have my little power nap so I can carry on through the evening hours.  Now my naptime is built in.  Keeping it real!  I will let you know how this works.  Do any of you have these same issues?


Sunday is a great day for me to blog, so I will probably start doing this on a regular basis.  I will be a little more creative in my writing.  I love to write and used to do it all the time.  Now, I just teach writing to high schoolers.

I look forward to my new organized life!  Any suggestions or advice is welcome!  What has worked for you?

Take care and have a blessed week!

Kim



3 comments:

  1. How does a person contact you for the pet hair yarn? I saw the story in the nyt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto — we have bags of white angora fur/hair from trimming our bunny. We have looked for a source where we could donate ( and possibly get a little back to have a friend knit something )

    ReplyDelete