Monday, July 18, 2011

Good Morning from Muddy Pond!

We sort of started school today!  I have been wanting to create a lapbook for some time now, so, I found a website that is excellent for this.  It is based on unit studies, so we are doing Stellaluna and learning all about bats!  http://www.homeschoolshare.com/stellaluna.php

I have such a long to do list today!  I want to warp my knitter's loom for my rug, make homemade granola, make bread, clean house, catch up laundry and ...
Creating a blog - not on my list!  

Ashford Knitter's Loom
Soon to be a rug!
I found an excellent recipe for homemade granola that doesn't use dry milk!  I will let you know how it goes.    http://familyfun.go.com/christmas/christmas-recipes/gifts-from-the-kitchen/christmas-mixes/crunchy-homemade-granola-684950   I am also leaving out the wheat germ as I don't have any right now!  The kids love cereal, but as we are cutting back, I am going to attempt and make our own all natural cereal.  I spent 28.00 yesterday on groceries for the week.  And we should be eating pretty well.  Of course, I will be utilizing the 1000 potatoes we dug from the garden!  Tonight - Shepherd's Pie.  


God is good and we are going to rejoice and be glad in this day!


Kim

1 comment: