Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Good Eats!!

Ok, I am enjoying the Trim Healthy Mama S plan!  I really am.  I am still challenged in the baking dept., but I have found some really yummy recipes!  I am going to share 1 original and 1 from the files on the THM Mennonite Facebook page.

Blackberry Crisp - Really more like Blackberry Soggy.  I made this as an experiment for our small group on Friday nights.  I melted a stick of butter in a casserole dish - a 9x13.  I then added my blackberries to the melted butter.  Now for the topping.  I used coconut flour, almond flour - 1/2 cup of each.  Then I put in about 1/4 t. salt and 1 cup of xylitol with a 1/4 t. Stevia.  I cut up about 1/2 stick of butter and made the mixture into a crumble.  I then sprinkled it over the top of the blackberries and baked it for about 40 minutes at 350.  It never did get crisp, and I almost didn't serve it, but I had nothing else.  My hubby went out and bought some cookies from the store, but I hated not to have something homemade.  So, I put it out with some homemade whipped cream (Heaving Whipping Cream and a sprinkle of xylitol whipped up in the mixer).  It was almost gone!  Some even had seconds.  The taste was great but the texture - ugh.  But apparently not so bad to everyone else.  Some remarked that it was like a pudding.  Even my picky son loved it!  So, it is worth a try!  Experiment and make improvements!  Let me know how it works!  Remember to be THM - no flour and no sugar! 

This next one is great! 

Satisfying Low-Carb Pancakes
4 eggs
1 c. ricotta - I used 1 c. of cottage cheese
1/2 c. flax seed meal
2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
sweetener to taste (8-12 dashes of Stevia Extract)  I used stevia powder
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1T. Cinnamon

Mix this all together and cook on a griddle.  It makes 12 4" pancakes.  I served them with real maple syrup, but you could also use Greek yogurt with berries.    This is considered an S breakfast.  Serve with Sausage or bacon.

I wish I had taken pics, but I didn't.  The recipe I followed had the cinnamon as optional, but I can't see leaving it out.  It really gave it a great flavor.

So, since I don't have any food pics, I will share a couple of yarns I posted to my shop last night!

I now am over 200 items in my shop!  I am at 201!  lol  More coming!  The Lord has renewed my motivation! 

Grab a cup of coffee, a good book and a blanket.  Snuggle in the arm of the couch and enjoy your day!  You have my permission!! 

God Bless You!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment