Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Blood Sugar Adventures!

I am seriously doing Trim Healthy Mama - S plans - to get my blood sugar under control!  I have ignored this for too long!  Right now, all systems are working but I have got to take responsibility and do my part in regulating.  Cake and doughnuts for breakfast have got to come to an end.  So, that being said, I made some great cookies last night that were on plan.  Want the recipe??!!

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies


1 stick  butter, softened

1 Egg

1 T. coconut oil, melted

1/3 c. Truvia ( I used Erythitol)

1 t. Vanilla

1 t. Baking Powder

Pinch of Sea Salt

4 T. Unsweetened, Vanilla Protein Powder

¼ c. Coconut Flour

¾  c. Almond Flour

Suger-Free Chocolate Chips to taste (I used Carob Chips)

Mix together softened butter, coconut oil, and egg.  Add baking powder, salt, vanilla, Truvia and protein powder.  Stir well by hand.  (I used a mixer).  When ingredients are well-combined, add coconut and almond flours.  Stir.  As the final step, add desired amount of sugar free chocolate chips to batter.  Mix until combined through.  Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet.  Optional:  you may choose to gently press the cookie batter down with a fork, but I like them to have the nice dome-shape to them!  Bake 350 for approximately 8-10 minutes.  These are a really soft cookie, so let them sit on the sheet for a bit prior to transferring to a cooling rack.  Enjoy!! 

I didn’t flatten  the cookies.  They definitely don’t flatten themselves.  They brown on top a lot. 
 
They spent the night in hiding in my oven - unfortunately, my family loved them!  No, I am glad they liked them, but they, like me, have a hard time denying themselves cookies! 

Also, if you are watching sugar in your diet, be sure to check out the ingredients in what you purchase at the grocery store.  Everything, just about, has sugar in some form, as an ingredient!  It is amazing! 

And!!  I have finally developed a taste for Stevia!  Now it just tastes sweet!  Love this, because Stevia is supposed to lower blood sugar.  I am also back to drinking my vinegar/turmeric/cinnamon, cayenne pepper/stevia water - sometimes lemon added.  This, too, is a developed taste.  But hang in there, and you will soon crave it!  Yes, it is true!!  I like mine iced, but some like it as a hot beverage.  I use Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and put about 2 T in a cup.  Then I do about 3 shakes of turmeric, a couple of pinches of cinnamon, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper, 1 pinch of stevia and then fill with water .  I give it a good stir and add ice.  It helps to give the glass a good swirl before each drink so you stir up all the spices that have fallen to the bottom. 

Anyway, this is what is going on in my life today!  What about yours???

No comments:

Post a Comment