Friday, August 12, 2011

Christmas Is Coming, Christmas Is Coming!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, it's that time of year!  Christmas in August!  In the arts business, the earlier the better.  My dad's sweater - still in the making.  It was supposed to have been done for last year's Christmas.  Probably, not going to be finished this year either. 

I did, however, finish a precious Christmas baby pod and hat.   This is Gracie and Gloria modeling for me,  This is from a new book called Welcoming Baby Home The Handcrafted Way.  This book is full of unique baby patterns worked on HUMONGOUS needles!  I added some cashmere to this to make it a little more "la ti da".  What newborn doesn't deserve some "la te da"?  So soft! 

Anyway, all of these items, excluding Gracie and Gloria, of course, are available in my shop. 
http://www.etsy.com/listing/79627188/newborn-christmas-pod-and-hat

Ooohhh.  My big, gigantor needles just arrived!!!!  I also received 15 and 17 double points!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79632112/ka-bamboo-size-19-dp-knitting-needles

 Can't wait to start working on another project from this cool book!

In honor of it being Husband and Wife week (what would I do without Facebook - I would have no idea of all these holidays!), I thought I would post these words of wisdom found on the serving tray of the Ball Jar Company:

How to Preserve A Husband

Be careful in your selection.  Do not choose too young.  When selected, give your entire thoughts to preparation for domestic use.  Some wives insist upon keeping them in a pickle, others are constantly getting them into hot water.  This may make them sour, hard, and sometimes bitter.  Even poor varieties may be made sweet, tender, and good by garnishing them with patience, well sweetened with love and seasoned with kisses.  Wrap them in a mantle of charity.  Keep warm with a steady fire of domestic devotion and serve with peaches and cream.  Thus prepared, they will keep for years. 

Ladies, go love on your husbands.  They need it.  Who knows, maybe they will give a little lovin back!

If I have some men reading this, go give your wife a kiss and a hug, just cause.  We need that!  Do it without anything else in mind, if you know what I mean!  Sometimes, we just need to be loved and held.  You probably don't get that, but it is what it is, so just do it!  : )

Love you all!

Kim








No comments:

Post a Comment