Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Am I Really Like The Hebrews In Exodus????

Isn't it awesome that God's mercy is new every morning!?   Great is His faithfulness!!  This morning I read Exodus 7.  It is funny because the verse that stood out to me was one from the commentary - Psalm 106:7 "Our ancestors in Egypt were not impressed by the Lord's miraculous deeds.  THEY SOON FORGOT HIS MANY ACTS OF KINDNESS TO THEM."  WOW!!    You know, every time I read Exodus, I get so angry with the attitudes of these people!  What is it going to take for them to stop their complaining?  I can't believe that they could be so ridiculous when they are physically being led by a cloud during the day and fire by night!  How could they worship other gods when they have had a sea opened up and the land to be dry for them to cross??  Unreal, right?

Then....I look at my life.  What will it take for me to stop complaining?  After all the blessings God has bestowed upon my life and all of the miracles He has perforned for me, how can I ever leave the shelter of His wings?  How can I possibly put reading email and Facebook before I tell my Father good morning?  How can I??????  It goes on and on.  I have to get on my face before God and repent. I hear people say that God understands.  He understands but He does not approve!  He wants to be first in our lives.  Anything that is in that first place spot besides God is an idol.  It is true.  We don't like to look at it that way, but it is true.

Today, I will purpose to put God first in everything and praise Him all day long!  Right now, it is very quiet.  Hubby has left for work and the kids are still sleeping.  In a few minutes, I will awake my children for school and begin our day.  That is when the challenge starts.  Keep God first!  When I get frustrated, I will go to a private place and get with Him, BEFORE I express frustration to my children.  I will put Him first!  If you are like me, you will need to do recommit to this every 15 minutes.  I can't just say I will do this in the morning and expect that I will remember!  I must do this every 15 minutes.  I am going to set my timer on my oven for 15 minute intervals all day and when the bell goes off, I will praise the Lord and dedicate the next 15 minutes to Him.  I bet my day will be fantastic!  I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment