Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Where is Your Quiet Place?

Good Morning!!  Today, in our Good Morning Girls devotion, we read Exodus 8.  Below are my SOAK thoughts:

S & O: In today's reading, one verse really stuck out to me and that is v. 10 - "Do it tomorrow..." This was in response to Moses' question to the Pharoah, "When do you want me to pray for you, your officials, and your people? Then you and your houses will be rid of the frogs". TOMORROW?? Really?? Why not right now? Crazy! Then when God sent the flies, Pharoah told Moses to "Hurry and pray for me." (v.28). I wonder why he didn't want rid of the frogs right now. Hmmmm. Verse 27 was a verse I can pick to apply to my life. "We must take a 3 day trip into the wilderness to offer sacrifices to the Lord our God, just as He has commanded us."  

A: Today, we think we can live in the world and pray in the world. We need to get away and spend some quality time with God. Jesus would often go away and pray. He left all the people and the disciples and went away to pray to His Father. It's hard to have a good visit with anyone when there is chaos all around. We can't concentrate, or listen to what God has to say when we are in the midst of noise and cares of this world. We are in the world but we are not of the world. Get away, in the quiet, all alone, and let God minister to you. That is what I am going to do today! Now where will that place be?? Usually it is the shower for me. That is the place where I can hear from God the best. If I get so frustrated, I head to the showers. When I need desperately to reconnect to God, I head to the shower. I am a very clean person! lol  

K. Father God, I am so appreciative of Your patience! You love me and never give up working on me. Lord, help me to get away and visit with You, even when there are no problems in my life. Help me to come to You - just as desperately as I do in the bad times - in the good times. Bless the Good Morning Girls today as we go through our day. Speak loudly to us and pull as away to just spend time with You. I love You so much! In Jesus' Name.

Remember: S stands for Scripture, O stands for Observation, A stands for Application, and K stands for kneeling in prayer.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Last night I finally got my Dye It Yourself Yarn Kit posted in my ETSY Shop!!! I love dyeing fiber and creating new and unique colorways. It is interesting sometimes to see how the colors bleed into each other, creating an altogether new color. Sometimes it is frustrating when they bleed together to make a new color! lol But when I spin it into yarn, it totally changes into a new and beautiful creation - well usually. I once spun some yarn from a beautiful roving. I loved the colors in the roving. Well, the yarn, I thought was horrible. It was the ugliest yarn ever. I don't have a pic to show you, but take my word for it. Well, I needed to make a baby gift, so I used this yarn to make a baby hat. Let me tell you, there has never been a more beautiful baby hat color wise. That ugly yarn knitted into a self striping fantastic hat! I could not believe it! Anyway, lesson being, looks can be deceiving - in people and yarn!

I am going to post an art batt I created last night. I will give you a sneak preview:




Until next time, have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment