Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Everyone!  I have missed blogging.  As it is the beginning of the new year, my intentions for blogging are at an all time high.  We will see if that sustains itself into February and beyond!  I have my blog address posted on my ETSY shop site.  I know I hate to click on a blog and the last entry is 2 years old!  So, that being said, I am going to make every effort to not let that happen - again!  lol

 I think I left you hanging on the organic food adventure.  We are still trying to eat as much unaltered and poisonous food as possible.  This process is expensive, but still doable.  I bought beans, rice, lentils and wheat berries in bulk from Cloverdale Bulk Foods in PA. This helped immensely with the budget. If you are blessed to have a Kroger near you, their Simply Truth brand is fantastic in the area of quality and price.  Plus, you get loads of coupons in the mail if you have a Kroger card for Simple Truth products.  Their meat is a bit expensive, but that is to be expected, I suppose.

I am going through a Bible Study right now with Good Morning Girls, headed by Courtney Joseph.  We are reading a chapter a day using the SOAK method - Scripture, Observation, Application, and Kneeling (Prayer).  Right now we are going through Exodus.  Check it out.  You can start anytime.  After you read the chapter, you can add your own comments to the Good Morning Girls FB page.
Today's reading was Exodus 4.

S; 4:12 - "Now go! I will be with you as you speak and I will instruct you in what to say."
O: 4:12 reminds me of Jesus' remarks in John 12:49 -" For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me has himself given me a commandment—what to say and what to speak. ".
 A: I have challenged myself to move closer to this mark. To only speak what the Father wants me to speak - WOW! How awesome would that be?!! 
K: Lord, I praise You! You are so patient. The patience You showed Moses has not changed for me! I appreciate that! Please, Holy Spirit, lead me on the path of complete and total obedience. Empty me of myself and fill me with You. Get me to the place where I only say and do what my Father tells me to say and do! Use me mightily! In Jesus name!

I am really getting a lot out of this.  I have read Exodus 4 a bunch of time, but never using a process.  I am also using the color coding method that Courtney recommends.  My colors are a little different, but the idea is the same.  


In Simply Homespun News, I have learned to spin wire yarn!  It is awesome!  So much fun to fiddle with and make letters or sculpt something.  I sold some to a customer who is going to add it as a topper to hats she is making.  What a great idea!  It is florist wire, corespun with art batts.
I used it as a decoration on my Christmas Tree.  It really added a touch of whimsy!  




Onto a totally unrelated subject - Tomorrow morning's breakfast!  I saw it in a post on Facebook.  It looks yummy.  Actually, I may make it tonight so it is ready in the morning.  Although, hubby and my son are in the kitchen doing math.  The bread may not survive til morning.  I will just have to make 2!  

Amish Cinnamon Bread

No kneading, you just mix it up and bake it
Batter:
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups buttermilk or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
Cinnamon/sugar mixture:
2/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions
Cream together butter, 2 cups of sugar, and eggs. Add milk, flour, and baking soda. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pans (1/4 in each pan). Mix in separate bowl the 2/3 c sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter in each pan. Add remaining batter to pans; sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until toothpick tester come clean.
Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan
.


Until next time - God Bless!!!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment