Saturday, January 10, 2015

The Lord Is Willing, But Am I?

Good Morning!  The sun is shining and it is, I'm guessing, single digits outside.  I love winter!!  Now, if it would only snow!

This morning, I read Exodus 6 using the color coding and SOAK method.

Scripture:  v. 12 "But Lord!" Moses objected.  "My own people won't listen to me anymore.  How can I expect Pharaoh to listen?  I'm such a clumsy speaker!"

Observation:  Once again Moses says "I can't" contrasted to verses 6-8 where the Lord says "I will" 7 times!  I will free you from your oppression;  I will rescue you from your slavery in Egypt;  I will redeem you with a powerful arm and great acts of judgment;  I will claim you as my own people;  I will be your God;  I will bring you into the land I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob;  I will give it to you as your very own possession.  I AM THE LORD!  Moses reacted from his feelings.  He was discouraged because not even his own people would listen to him.  He wanted out, but God kept persisting and the results speak for themselves.

Application:  How many times has God asked me to do something and I didn't FEEL like I could do it, or I was afraid of rejection, or what people would think.  But praise the Lord, He gave us the Holy Spirit to "twist our guts" when we even think about disobedience!  I love that!  God takes us out of our comfort zone and puts us in the power zone!  I need to not ever act on how I feel, but always rely on God to take me where I need to be.  He promises never to leave or forsake us.  We must trust Him!  I must trust Him!

Kneel in Prayer:  Father, I love you so much.  I am so sorry when I depend on my feelings and act on them instead of trusting you and listening and obeying what You tell me to do.  Mold me and make me into a vessel You can use.  Create in me a pure heart and mind - one that is always in tune with You.  Help me to only say and do what You tell me to say and do.  May I be a reflection of You while I am on this earth and none of me!  Empty me today of all the uck and fill me with Your Holy Spirit to the overflow!  In Jesus' name.

I would encourage all my readers to try this method with any chapter.  It is very rewarding.  After all, we must be doers of the Word and not hearers only, right?

Off to fix breakfast for my hungry family.  The cupboards are bare, so it is going to be an oatmeal morning - organic, of course!  Did you know if you put the oatmeal in the water at the beginning, it will be very creamy.  Just add butter and a little brown sugar and you have a very delicious, satisfying somewhat healthy breakfast!  I am trying to get away from sugar, but stevia just doesn't quite cut it in oatmeal - not like brown sugar!  Yum!

Take care and God Bless!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment